Senior Game Backend Engineer (Remote)
RemoteNew York, New York, United States$80,000 - $140,000 per yearToolkits
Myr is a game studio started by veteran Social VR devs working in the industry since 2014. Social VR has been focusing more on building a platform and not enough on building great games. We hope to build these great experiences first. We are a small and fully remote team of designers, artists and engineers based in NA, Europe, Asia and Australia. You can read more about us on our blog and check out the game we just released.
We are looking for a Senior Game Backend Engineer to build the backbone of our networking from scaling gameplay servers to designing and implementing the smartest social graph ever in games. The game we are currently focusing on combines physical gameplay, modular design and shooting in VR.
Why work at Myr?
- Remote friendly: Our team is spread across different continents and is fully remote.
- Stock options: Build our future together.
- Games allowance: Like you, we love games. Take a day off when your favorite game is coming out, better yet, let us gift it to you.
- Unlimited time off: we don't tend to think in allotted time off days. You can take as much time off as the circumstance warrants.
- Architect, develop, and maintain scalable and secure backend systems and APIs.
- Work closely with game designers to implement various systems, ensuring a seamless and immersive experience for the players.
- Develop and optimize systems for managing in-game friends, social interaction, in-game currency and communication.
- Design and implement various gameplay mechanics to create engaging experiences.
- Ensure all backend systems can handle high levels of traffic and are scalable.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve backend performance.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in backend development and VR gaming.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in backend development, with at least 2 years in the gaming industry.
- Proficiency with C# and ASP.NET Core.
- Experience with RESTful API development and integration.
- Experience with Microsoft Playfab, SignalR, Photon and/or Normcore.
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Azure or AWS.
- Experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL) and data modeling.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and concepts.
- Understanding of security best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with VR technologies, particularly Oculus development.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture.