Gameplay Engineer (Remote)
Myr is a game studio started by veteran Social VR devs working in the industry since 2014. Social VR has been focusing more on building a platform and not enough on building great games. We hope to build these great experiences first. We are a small and fully remote team of designers, artists and engineers based in US, Europe, Asia and Australia. You can read more about us on our blog.
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer to build gameplay mechanics and systems that power our games. The game we are currently focusing on combines physical gameplay, modular design and shooting in VR.
Why work at Myr?
Remote friendly: Our team is spread across different continents and is fully remote.
Stock options: Build our future together.
Games allowance: Like you, we love games. Take a day off when your favorite game is coming out, better yet, let us gift it to you.
Unlimited time off: we don't tend to think in allotted time off days. You can take as much time off as the circumstance warrants.
- Create various gaming components for VR game.
- Write clean, robust, reusable code.
- Debug, optimize and maintain existing code.
- Understand the game design and create technical designs based on them.
- Follow and enhance existing development process and set standards.
- Work closely with other team members on programming issues and concepts.
- Regular playtests and feedback so we get to experience our game first hand and see what's fun and what isn't and what needs fixing.
- Minimum 3 years of programming experience in games.
- Should have worked on multiple games and experienced full lifecycle project delivery including one VR game.
- Possess excellent programming skills in Unity3D development using C#.
- Should have good understanding of design patterns like Entity - Component model / Data-Oriented Model and MVC pattern.
- Basic Understanding of the Graphics Pipeline, Shaders, 3D Maths.
- Have clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP.
- Proven experience in working on an online game that has a large user-base.
- Experience with multiplayer game development.